Make this meal vegan: Simply swap the fish sauce for a splash of soy sauce to create a yummy vegan meal.
FODMAP note: Canned coconut milk is low FODMAP in 80ml (1/3 cup) serves. This recipe is low FODMAP providing you divide it between the recommended number of serves.
- GLUTEN FREE OPTION
- LOW FODMAP
- DAIRY FREE
- EGG FREE
- NUT FREE
- SOY FREE
Nutrition per serve
- Preheat the oven 180ºC (350ºF) bake function. Deseed and skin your pumpkin before cutting into 3cm (1.2 inch) cubes. Cut the carrot into cubes. Place the carrot and pumpkin in a roasting tray and drizzle with oil, toss until well coated. Sprinkle with cumin and season well with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, turn once. Remove when soft and golden (do not burn).
- Allow the veggies to cool for 10 minutes. Then blend until smooth with the stock. Heat a large saucepan. Add a drizzle of olive oil and fry the spring onion tips for 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant, add the ginger and cook for a further minute. Pour in the pureed pumpkin and coconut milk. Then stir through the lemon zest, fish sauce (or soy sauce), and chilli flakes. Allow to simmer over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes. If your soup gets too thick, thin it with a splash of boiling water.
- While the soup simmers, cook your noodles according to packet directions (we normally under cook ours by 1 to 2 minutes so they don’t go soggy).
- Stir the cooked noodles through the soup, along with the fresh coriander/cilantro. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Other Soup Ingredients
* See the FODMAP Tips, Dairy Tips and Gluten Free Tips for the ingredient notes above the method.
- large saucepan
- roasting tray
- blender/stick blender
Taken From : A Little Bit Yummy